Our client is a large global services business taking pride in being the number one choice for providing their clients with innovative solutions. They are based in the Sydney CBD with modern and open plan offices. They are currently on the search for an experienced Assistant Accountant to join on a 12-month contract. You will report directly to a talented Finance Manager who is focused on creating an inclusive and stimulating environment to encourage personal development and training.
This is a broad and hands on Assistant Accountant role supporting the finance team. Your tasks will be a mixture of transactional and month end related work that includes the following:
- Assisting in month end
- Assisting in preparation of monthly GST, FBT
- Bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting in maintenance of Fixed Assets reporting
- Posting journals
- Intercompany reconciliations and revenue reporting
To be considered for this role, you must have:
- At least 3 years of working experience in a similar Assistant Accountant role performing month end duties
- Be immediately available or on a short notice period
- Confident to review work, deal with suppliers and proven experience to improve processes and initiate change
- Studying towards a CA/CPA (or equivalent) qualification
- Working experience with SAP is highly desirable
- Be a competent communicator and have a desire to learn and develop your accounting abilities
If you are keen to find out more about this Assistant Accountant position, please contact Justin Wong at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5646, quoting reference 5827 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.