Our client is an established and well-respected specialist FMCG business who have developed a warm, supportive culture with a great sociable element. Due to maternity leave, the business is seeking an Accountant to join the team on a 12-month fixed term contract basis. You will be reporting to a talented and inspiring Financial Controller who is a great mentor. Our client supports cross functional engagement and gives their team chances to work together to help them grow and increase their already prominent market share.
As the Accountant, you will have full financial responsibility for a division of the business including (but not limited to):
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation and the completion of the month end process
- Cashflow forecasting
- KPI reporting on revenue and cost
- Sales commissions calculations
- Maintain and reconcile the fixed asset register
- Assisting with preparation of BAS and payroll tax
- Assist in the preparation of the board report
- Upload monthly financials for Group consolidation
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit
- Assist in the development and improvement of the internal processes
- Provide detailed variance analysis with commentary
- Ad hoc project work in the support of the wider business.
To be considered for this Accountant position, you should possess the following skills and attributes:
- Be professionally qualified as an Accountant (e.g. CA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Have a broad accounting background incorporating both management and financial accounting Strong Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- A friendly proactive approach and an interest in the commercial side of the business
If you are keen to apply for this Accountant role, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 5253 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.