Our client is a global technology business that prides itself in being the number one choice for providing their clients with innovative solutions. As the Accountant, you will join a culture of high performance and your success will be rewarded with fast-tracked career progression. This business is private equity backed, and rapidly expanding in what is an integral segment of this disruptive industry.
Working closely with the Finance Manager and with a direct reporting line to the Financial Controller, you will be exposed to a variety of tasks. You will be responsible for:
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with preparation of BAS and payroll tax
- Assisting with the month end process
- Accounts Payable and expense processing
- Accounts receivable
- Prepare journals, accruals and prepayments
- Assist in the preparation of the annual audit
- Perform bank & credit card reconciliations
- Assisting with cashflow forecasting
- Preparing monthly payroll
- Maintain and reconcile the fixed asset register
- Assist in the preparation of the board report
- Ad hoc project work in the support of the wider business
This is a ‘role in progress’. You do not have to have done all of the above to be considered. You will have a minimum of two years’ experience working in a commercial enterprise. You will have to be happy to get in and roll up your sleeves initially helping out with invoicing as well as a broad set of responsibilities. After you have proven yourself, you will have exposure to more and more complex tasks.
You must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be part way through your CA or CPA studies (as a minimum)
- Have used a large ERP system such as NetSuite, Oracle, SAP or similar
- Be a quick learner and have good initiative with an “always asking for more” attitude
If you are keen to find out more about this Assistant Accountant position, please contact Patrick Ashton at Richard Lloyd on 02 8324 5645, quoting reference 5252 or click on 'apply now' below.
Please submit your CV in Word format and note that due to the high volume of responses we receive only suitable candidates will be contacted.